September 8, 2015
IDS is proud to announce the release of their enhanced User Interface (UI) for the DataNet2 framework, celebrating 20 years of cutting edge operational reporting in which 3 technologies have been used. The release of DataNet2.5 UI sits solidly upon D2 core yet uses the latest HTML standards. The release will power all our traditional capabilities on any device, computer, tablet or phone without the need to install any applications or Apps. It makes accessing and entering data as well as generating and viewing reports from any of the IDS solutions easier than ever before.
IDS CTO, Reuben Wee; In 2007, when we built D2, the presentation layer was using HTML. In our attempt to build a rich user interface, we found that adopting Flex/Flash was the quickest way to achieve a rich user experience in presenting the data entry forms.
D2.5 marks the return of IDS to the HTML standard as our first choice for delivering solutions to our clients. We decided to move back to HTML for to the following reasons:
• Compatibility - With D2.5, we can now enjoy the benefit of building solutions for mobile devices and traditional browsers without the need for Apps. This is truly a zero-installation solution.
• Speed - D2.5 HTML is performing faster than the Flex/Flash solution
• The end of the Adobe Flash Player - It's widespread use meant that it was also a rich target for security threats. One of the key motivations to start work on the design for the HTML rendering engine.
• Lightweight - D2.5 runs natively on the browser. It does not require any plug-in to be installed in order to run
• Rich Experience - HTML in 2015 is not the same as HTML in 2007. This allows for a more robust and reproducible experience across different browsers.
For more information, contact email@example.com or visit IDS at www.idsdatanet.com
IDS has been providing web-delivered operational reporting solutions to the upstream oil and gas industry for over fifteen years. Drilling contractors, operators, and service companies utilise the data management capabilities to obtain crucial insight into their company's operational performance through pre-configured dashboards and advanced benchmarking visualisations. Utilising the skills of industry-experienced engineers in conjunction with advanced IT proficiencies, IDS continues to be at the very forefront as an operational reporting and data analysis provider. As a strong advocate of data integration, IDS's web-delivered solutions minimise data entry while maximising data integrity, enabling companies to increase operational efficiencies.
For more Information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org